EB5 visa - IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PROGRAM
EB-5 is an immigrant visa category that allows investors and their immediate family members to become permanent residents, i.e., green card holders and even US citizens through a minimum investment of $900,000 to $1,800,000 USD depending on what type of invest is made.
Applicants can make the investment in one of two ways:
- Direct investment: The first method is through “direct investment.” This is appropriate for foreign investors who want to run a business in the United States and have a lot of expertise in doing so. Direct investment often involves a more complicated and challenging approval process than what’s required for a regional center, but it may be the more appropriate method depending on your goals.
- Regional Center: By making an investment in a designated regional center is essentially a passive investment where main purpose is to meet the investment requirement of those seeking an EB-5 visa. The regional center application process for EB-5 applicants is simpler. Some regional centers have a better history of supporting EB-5 applications that are eventually approved, so it is important to choose a Regional Center wisely.
Important things to know about the EB-5 program:
- You have to have at least $900,000 that you will use to make an investment in the United States.
- You must invest first, then apply for the immigration benefit afterward. After you’ve made the investment, you have to leave the money invested for several years. The green card you get if your EB-5 application is successful is a 2-year conditional green card. At the end of those two years, you’ll have to remove the conditions on your green card in order to get a permanent, or 10-year, green card. To get this permanent green card application approved, you must be able to show USCIS that your money is still invested.
- You’ll also need to prove that there was a lawful source for the money you used for your investment. To do this, you’ll have to provide immigration with a lot of personal and business financial documentation.
- The EB-5 program is not without its risks. There’s No guarantee that your investment will result in your EB-5 application being approved. Similarly, there is No guarantee that the investment will produce a certain return.
If you are considering a large investment in the U.S. with the purpose of obtaining a Green Card, Contact us to discuss your specifics. Some individuals are not able to obtain a green card through the EB-5 program because they have immigration circumstances or criminal circumstances that make them ineligible to adjust their status. For example, if you have certain criminal convictions on your record, previously entered the United States without inspection, were previously ordered deported, or certain health problems, you may not be able to benefit from this program. We will answer any questions or concerns you may have. We will advise you on which option is best for you and provide you with an estimate of the associated fees.
Our Advantage – We Understand Your Personal & Business Needs